A recent study conducted by Cooperative Insurance found that "3,000 women were surveyed and the results found that the average lady has 11 pairs of shoes worth nearly $660 sitting in our closets that have rarely or never been worn," according to Yahoo Shine.
So, what does this have to do with closet organization? It's simple - if your closet isn't organized you likely don't know how many pairs of shoes you actually own. If your shoes are buried at the bottom of your closet instead of arranged on a shelf in a custom closet, you may forget about a pair or two or twelve.
A custom closet solution will allow you to see all your shoes - making it more likely that you will wear the shoes you have more and less likely you will spend money to purchase shoes you don't really need.
Although, that may only be part of the problem. According to the study and Yahoo,
- 37% of women buy shoes to cheer them up
- 52% buy shoes specifically to go with a new outfit
- 18% buy shoes to keep up with a trend
- 10% buy shoes because they're plain old obsessed
- 31% have knowingly bought shoes in the wrong size because they liked
- 22% have shoes all over the house and even in their car
- 21% never get rid of old shoes